Thursday, June 16, 2011

Shin Kick — Live Videos

Some super sweet videos of Shin Kick from back in the day. Putting all of these in one place is probably the easiest way for people to find them. There's some pretty cool sets in here, that first show ever at the MRC and some of the classic shows at Dust. Watch me fuck up the lyrics to covers! Watch no one move as we play! Yeah!

This first one is from all the way back in May 2007 at the $1 show we played at the Music Resource Center. Here we cover Straight Edge Revenge by Project X, probably one of two times we ever played it live. It was our first show, and as I recall we basically played the demo and Brobleed. Menace to Society, my unnamed ska band, and Demagogue also played. Thanks to John Russell for filming this.

Next we have us covering Honor Role's "I'm A Nerd" at Dust in July 2008. I had no idea we played it so fast, or that I appear to have epilepsy. Thanks to Scotty for taping this.

A couple weeks later, Scotty filmed us again at Dust and doing another cover, this time Rise Above by Black Flag. This was always a fun tune to play, although it looks like by this time people were already getting a little bored of it.

This is from one of the later shows we played, in September at the Laundromat (actually the basement at Nihal and Mike Reeves' place). Might have been that show with the Libyans, but I could be wrong. We're playing Closed Venue, the first song we ever wrote. I also appear to have a wafro. Thanks to Scotty for shooting this.

Now, these were all I could find online, but there's a chance there are more out there. If anyone knows where one is or decides to upload one they've been sitting on for three years, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment