Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Full Court Press — Live Set 4/4/08

As far as it goes, this is the only recording of Full Court Press other than our simple demo from half a year earlier. Well, there was the Summer Jamz EP we recorded with Daniel, but no one really knows where that ended up. Maybe it'll resurface in a few years, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm reasonably sure this was the Shin Kick tour-kickoff show, and as it was a special occasion, I had asked Mia to film it (she's a film major). It wasn't a wonderfully great show, but rewatching these videos, I'm pretty confident this was how most FCP sets went. Good crowd response, Jake dropping the mic to mosh, us forgetting which song was which, and just generally a lot of fun being had. Sound quality isn't perfect, but is actually surprisingly clear. These are also the only real evidence of our later songs, which were a little more varied and thought out. Plus there's a Vomit Up Blood cover. Pretty cool.

Big thanks to Mia for these.




Track Listing:
  1. The Realness
  2. Full Court Press
  3. What We Had
  4. Sick And Tired
  5. Argyle Crew
  6. "Pop-Punk Song"
  7. xFallxDownxStairsx (Vomit Up Blood cover)
  8. Broken Promises
  9. Consumed
  10. Left Behind (aka Mosh Song)
  11. Warning

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for posting these Marley. It's cool to see all these people going nuts, reminds me how cool it was to have shows at Dust. Bums me out that no one has stepped up to book any shows since I stopped. whatever, i got no regrets.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yeah dude, I really miss it. This show was far from the best any of us ever played, but it still looks really really awesome. I didn't appreciate it enough, I don't think, and now it's gone and this is all that's left. Oh well. I'll try and organize all the Shin Kick videos sometime as well.

      ReplyDelete